MZ Automation GmbH
We provide expertise in communication protocols for automation systems and embedded devices. We have a lot of experience in protocol design, implementation, and integration in the energy and industrial automation domain. If your requirements consists of IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5, TASE.2/ICCP, DNP3, Modbus, OPC-UA/DA, MBUS we are the right choice for you.
What we are doing?
- Development of industrial grade communication protocol implementations
- Development, Maintaining and Support for our standard protocol products libIEC61850, lib60870, and libtase2
- Consultancy and workshops for IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5, TASE.2/ICCP, DNP3
- We can help you in every phase of integrating communication protocols into your software or devices. We can do everything from requirement specification, design, implementation, testing, and certification.
- Additionally for IEC 61850 we also offer to support you in standard compliant data model design, documentation, and assistance for UCA certification
- Development of versatile tools for configuration and testing
- Development of customer specific software
- and much more ...
Past and ongoing Projects
- Integration of IEC 61850/MMS/GOOSE into a versatile protection relay IED and support for certification
- Integration of IEC 61850/MMS into a network switch (for management and monitoring) and support for certification
- Integration of IEC 61850/IEC 60870-5-104 in a battery management system
- Integration of IEC 61850 and IEC 60870-5-104 into RTU
- Modbus to IEC 60870-5-104 converter
- Modbus to DNP3 converter
- Adaptation of a wireless MBUS stack to a new standard
- Implementation of IEC 60870-5-102 driver in Java
- Development and maintenance of IEC 61850 MMS/GOOSE/Sampled Values protocol library in C and C#
- Development and maintenance of IEC 60870-5 protocol libraries in C and C#
- Development and maintenance of TASE.2/ICCP protocol library in C, C#, and Java
MZ Automation was founded in 2014 by Michael Zillgith. We have a strong technical background and experience in communication protocols in the Smart Grid and industrial communication domains. embedded system engineering, software design and test-driven development. Our preferred programming languages are C, C++, Java, and C#.